Worship and Music Ministry
The Worship & Music Ministry works with the clergy and Director of Music to plan, implement, and coordinate the worship activities of the church. Responsibilities of this Ministry include:
- Assist the clergy in planning worship services and ensuring involvement of lay persons
- Provide guidance and support to the Director of Music
- Coordinate decorating the sanctuary and building for services
- Oversee the preparation of the altar and pulpit for services
- Coordinate the provisions for communion (e.g. elements and linens)
- Oversee the role of ushers (e.g. recruitment, organization, and training)
- Oversee the audio/visual technology team and maintenance of their equipment
- Oversee the lighting of the candles for services
- Review and evaluate worship services and offer suggestions for changes to the Church Council
Members of the Ministry: Barb Schmutzler (Chair), Mary Ann Wipperman, Nelda Lay
While worship occurs in many places and ways – in nature, in our homes, at work, at play – God’s presence seems to find us easily when we gather together. When you enter our church you will be greeted by beautiful stained glass windows, a sanctuary full of religious symbols to remind you of the eternal presence of God and His love for us, and a group of people who honor Him. This is indeed a church that will soon feel like Home, and a congregation that will foon feel like Family.
Please join us on Sundays at 10:00 A.M. for our traditional worship service.
The music (instrumental, vocal & bells) during this service is awesome! Nursery service and children’s Sunday School for elementary-aged children is available during this service.
Central Church believes in the strong power of music ministry. Music enriches and inspires the worship experience. There are many opportunities at our church to be involved in music ministry. There is a place for you. Please consider expressing your joy by joining one of our choirs.
The Senior Choir sings three of four Sundays each month, August through June. They also perform during the Christmas Eve Candlelight Service and Easter morning. Their repertoire is mostly classical sacred, but also incorporates ethnic, spirituals and contemporary classical works. The Senior Choir rehearses Wednesday evenings, August through June, from 7:00-8:30pm.
The Bell Choir is directed by Rene Miserez and is open to all ages and those of all skill levels. They play on various occasions September through May, with rehearsals on Wednesday evenings from 6:15-7:00pm.