Congregational Life Ministry
The Congregational Life Ministry seeks to build a sense of community within the congregation and provides opportunities for meaningful interaction and fellowship among church members. This includes hospitality initiatives, welcoming visitors, and integrating new members into the life of the church, as well as promoting special events and providing regular fellowship activities. Responsibilities of this Ministry include:
- Make the church a welcoming place for all
- Care for the congregation through pastoral care initiatives
- Recruit, welcome, and orient newcomers
- Assist with the integration of new members into the life of the church
- Assist the Church Council secretary and church staff in maintaining a current roster of members
- Offer a warm welcome during services (e.g. greeters, visitor packages)
- Provide fellowship opportunities for Sunday worship and special events (e.g. coffee time, potlucks, dinners)
- Provide fellowship opportunities through groups (e.g. Circles, Brotherhood, Women’s Fellowship, Prime Time Club)
- Explore new strategies for building a sense of community within the church
Members of the Ministry: Karen Howser (Chair), Nelda Lay, Freda Maness, Missy Martin, Rene Miserez, Faye Rinaldi, Gwen Vieth
We at Central Church encourage our members to make friends and find fun ways to witness for Christ. We have a wide variety of fellowship groups and organizations with which you may participate according to your interests.
Central Church is known for its German hospitality and food fare! Following are some of the recurring celebrations we have at our church.
German sausage dinner — in mid-March sponsored by the WIGS Circle
Oktoberfest — the last Saturday in September in partnership with the Old Munichburg Association.